It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: RS232 IR Help!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 am 
New User

I noticed that in the appendix there is a circuit diagram for the RS232 IR (serial). In the diagram there are several sections pointing to VCC. Im not sure where it is getting the voltage from. Is it getting it from the serial port itself? I'm not getting anything to show up on the whitepaper test. So I replaced almost all the components and tried again... and still nothing. I don't understand the schematic. Unfortunately I live in the US and as a poor computer engineering college student I cant afford the USB model.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: RS232 IR Help!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm 
Administrator

Hello,

VCC comes from the Serial Port (s. Diodes D1, D2, D3)

You did try to trim the frequency with the potentiometer?

Do you use a USB->Serial Port Adapter in between (sometimes also integrated into Notebook docking stations or stuff like that)? If so, which Manufacturer/Chipset is it?
This does not work with all chipsets, you will most likely need a real serial port - or the USB IR Transceiver.

There are several(!) other threads in this Forum regarding this issue - please also use the search function!

Best regards,
SlyD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 pm 
New User

I tried the trimmer... I could not get anything to come up. Do you just trim it in small amounts and keep trying? I did not try the usb to serial adapter but i think thats what I will try next. I have an ABIT motherboard with an AMD sempron processor. Do you know if that combo will work with the usb adapter?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:47 pm 
arexx.com user

Hello! So, it is really sad that students don't have enough money for their plans and ambitions. Some students have enough money even for using the best assignment writing service and the others have nothing. This is not very fair but this is the world we live in and we'd better learn the rules of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 pm 
New User

Hi....After you send the command you need to release the button press with a /r at the end of the command. The phantom keypads that were created by the lutron programmer will not help you, you must know what physical keypad that the commands are programmed to so you can issue the same command's via rs-232.

Profile E-mail